Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let`s Bring Back Our Glory

HomeHome  Muslim SistersMuslim Sisters  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Empty
PostSubject: Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3   Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Makeshift%20shelter%20in%20Darfur%20-%20Web

Islamic Relief Leads Peace Mission to Darfur

An Islamic Relief led peace mission to Darfur has recently returned with stories of suffering, but also of hope that a difference could be made.

Nasheed star Sami Yusuf and BBC London journalist, Asad Ahmad were part of this mission to witness first hand the problems in that troubled part of the world.

Jehangir Malik, UK Manager of Islamic Relief said: “The situation is becoming difficult and we are under pressure to pull out, but these people need our help and our generous donors from the UK want us to help.”

Sami Yusuf's Message

After returning from Darfur, Sami Yusuf has written his own personal message about his experiences. It is as follows:

Visiting Sudan was indeed a humbling experience. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to visit areas affected by poverty and conflict and witnessed first hand the great work being undertaken by Islamic Relief in Darfur - truly 'a worldwide leader in alleviating poverty.'

This was my first field visit - and definitely not my last. I have always been passionate about the humanitarian crises afflicting our globe. As an artist, I am keen to use my music not only for the purposes of sheer entertainment but also to bring about awareness about the humanitarian plight of many who are less fortunate than us. At the same time I strive to promote a message of hope for a better and brighter future for all.

In Darfur - I saw the poverty. I saw the destitution of the people, the orphans. I saw grief, agony and pain - people in desperate need. It is all very well seeing it on the news but nothing can compare to being there and witnessing it with your own eyes. It is like torture.

Yet despite the horrendous conditions many live in, I did not see despair and hopelessness. The Sudanese are a dignified people. When I asked Sheikh Mohammed - a village elder - what message he had for the global community, he replied: 'I pray we all live in peace and that conflicts all over the world are solved.'

BBC Article

Asad Ahmad, a journalist for the BBC, has written an article about his experiences, and has also created some video reports; all of which you can read and view by clicking on the following link:

Click here

Catastrophic Disaster

These people cannot be ignored because as Asad says in his article: “The people of Darfur according to the UN haven’t suffered genocide, but there’s a general agreement that they are experiencing a catastrophic disaster.”

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Sami%20Yusuf%20Prepares%20Food%20Packs%20-%20Web Sami Yusuf helps to prepare Islamic Relief Food Packs

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 IR%20food%20bags%20II%20-%20Web
Islamic Relief Ramadhan Food Packs Ready for Distribution

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Ramadhan%20food%20packs%20are%20distributed%20in%20Darfur%20-%20Web
Islamic Relief Food packs being delivered

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Jehangir%20and%20little%20boy%20smiling%20again%20-%20Web
Jehangir with a smiling Darfurian boy

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 British%20embassy%20group%20picture%20-%20Web
Islamic Relief Group with the British Ambassador, at the Embassy in Sudan
Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Sudane10

Local woman and her son

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Woman%20in%20bed%20smiling%20-%20Web
Woman smiling in bed
Back to top Go down
https://sisters.forumotion.net
Hot Ice
Active Sister
Active Sister
Hot Ice

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3   Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:08 am

God bless this topics about darfur and bless sis kawther and bless her artist
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3   Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:47 am

awwwww thanks dear
may allah bless you to and your artist
welcome dear
Back to top Go down
https://sisters.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3   Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sami Yusuf In Darfur 3
Page 1 of 1