Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let`s Bring Back Our Glory

HomeHome  Muslim SistersMuslim Sisters  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arabic Language and Literature

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Ice
Active Sister
Active Sister
Hot Ice

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Arabic Language and Literature Empty
PostSubject: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:10 am

o have originated somewhere near modern Syria, and to have spread from there through Lebanon, Israel, and Jordan down to the Arabian peninsula.

Until the time of Mohammed, in the 600's AD, Arabic was mainly spoken and not written. Still, there are some written records from the Arabian peninsula from before the 600's AD. These are called Sabataean. But they are only short inscriptions in stone, not really literature.

Arabic script After the Islamic conquests of the late 600's AD, people soon began to speak Arabic all over the Islamic Empire, from Afghanistan to Spain, and people speak Arabic in even more places today (though not in Spain). By 1000 AD, people spoke Arabic in India.
Many people began to write in Arabic. Among the first things to be written was the Koran, but soon many scientific texts and medical books and math books were written in Arabic, and also stories like the Arabian Nights or the story of Aladdin. There were many Arab historians, geographers, philosophers, and poets. Also, in the eastern part of the Islamic Empire, many people spoke and wrote in Persian (an Indo-European language). One famous Persian story, written about 1000 AD, is the story of Sohrab and Rustem.
Back to top Go down
Imane
Admin
Imane

Number of posts : 360
Location : Insha`allah The Neighbor of the Prophet in paradise
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 am

Salam My Dear Sweet Sis

Mashallah dear this is so wonderful nice topic

dear love for this woderfull sharing

May Allah Bless u and protect u

Fi Amman Allah
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 9:48 am

amaaaaaazing wallahi i was looking for the history of the arabic language to share it in this forum and al-hamduli`allah u did it thanks sister am soo happy to see u active with us
dear wait for a special surprize for u cos u are the most active sis in this forum
may allah bless u
3eesh-sa3ydan38
Back to top Go down
https://sisters.forumotion.net
Hot Ice
Active Sister
Active Sister
Hot Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 am

Muslima For Ever wrote:
Salam My Dear Sweet Sis

Mashallah dear this is so wonderful nice topic

dear love for this woderfull sharing

May Allah Bless u and protect u

Fi Amman Allah
Asslam Alikom Dear Iman.kawther sis
Wallahi im so glad to see your comment
Back to top Go down
Hot Ice
Active Sister
Active Sister
Hot Ice

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 am

Kawthar wrote:
amaaaaaazing wallahi i was looking for the history of the arabic language to share it in this forum and al-hamduli`allah u did it thanks sister am soo happy to see u active with us
dear wait for a special surprize for u cos u are the most active sis in this forum
may allah bless u
3eesh-sa3ydan38
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks my jewel for sweeeeeet comment wallahi you're on my head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arabic Language and Literature   Arabic Language and Literature Empty

Back to top Go down

Arabic Language and Literature
Page 1 of 1