Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let`s Bring Back Our Glory

HomeHome  Muslim SistersMuslim Sisters  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muslim Family and Social Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Muslim Family and Social Life Empty
PostSubject: Muslim Family and Social Life   Muslim Family and Social Life EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:59 am

The family is the foundation for Islamic society. The peace and security offered by a stable family unit is greatly valued and is considered essential for the spiritual growth of its members. A harmonious social order is created by the existence of extended families; children are treasured and rarely leave home until the time they marry.

Parents are greatly respected in the Islamic tradition and caring for one's elderly parents is considered an honor and a blessing. Mothers are particularly honored: the Qur'an teaches that since mothers endure so much during pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing, they deserve a special consideration and kindness.

It is stated in the Qur'an:
"And We have enjoined upon man to be good to his parents. With difficulty upon difficulty did his mother bear him and wean him for two years. Show gratitude to Me and to your parents; to Me is your final goal." (Qur'an 31:14)

Marriage is greatly encouraged in Islam. A Muslim marriage is both a sacred act and a legal agreement, in which either partner is free to include legitimate conditions. As a result, divorce, although uncommon, is permitted only as a last resort. Marriage customs vary widely from country to country.
Back to top Go down
https://sisters.forumotion.net

Page 1 of 1